Instagram’s New Video Will Leave Vine in the Dust
Posted by: The Formic Team
Kevin Systrom, co-founder and CEO of Instagram, took the stage earlier today and unveiled Instagram’s most significant update since its launch: video. With 15-second video clips, the app more than doubles the length of its 6-second competitor, Vine.
The features include:
- 15 second video clip
- Long enough to tell a story and be creative, short enough not to bore you.
- Clip by Clip editing ability
- Don’t like a section of recording? Delete it!
- 13 filters are available to apply to video recordings. Make it beautiful!
- Cover Images
- The user will have the opportunity to select a frame from their video—making sure that their visitors understand the focus of the clip.
- Appears on the user’s profile
- Easily accessible. No need to dig around.
- Web Access
- Videos appear on a user’s web profile just as their images do.
- Accessible to ALL Instagram user’s from day one.
- No slow roll-out. Even Android users will have access.
- Cinema Quality
- Built in stabilizers to eliminate the shaky-hand syndrome we’ve all accepted as ‘normal’ for mobile videos.
Are you excited about this latest upgrade? How do you think Vine will react?
Watch the recorded press release here: Instagram Video